2x2 Tournament III
First Round Results To-Date
2x2 Tournament III will start tonight. It has been over two months since Tournament II ended and let's all battle once again! We are excited to announce that we have changed the format of the tournament this time to follow single-elimination bracket style. You win and advance. Or lose and go home.
Date/Time: Starting 9:30pm New York time, April 10th, 2012
Location: Manhattan, NY
Arena: Peter Detmold Park, Midtown East and Murray Hill
Audience Seat: Greenacre Park
#1 Wata / MournfulOJ
#3 HugFromPanda / LaylaB
#5 CatcherQueen / Jjv293
#7 Damichi / Bobobedo
#9 comicy / Mob-u-dhabi
#11 Spedsir / Hamco
#13 x591nrubdicAx / Asheroth
#15 Knock0ut / jennygirI
#17 Kane000 / GodsGeneral
#2 Yuki-Dono / Drunky
#4 Lyricalus / Gratsy
#6 MajorMeow / AIejandra
#8 Healer12 / Umadbrah
#10 Tay21 / Mactheripper9
#12 twilikai / Annihilon
#14 Deleter76 / RaisingHell
#16 Tara-T / BatzMaru
#18 Shadewraith / Vexalia
1. We will follow single-elimination bracket style. Win or go home.
2. Teams will be randomly assigned a team number. Greens with odd numbers and OJ's with even ones.
3. In the first round, #1 green team will battle against #2 OJ team, #3 vs. #4 and so on.
4. Teams who advance to the second round will be assigned randomly again for battles.
5. Scores will be used if teams on one side advance more than the other side. Teams with highest scores will get a bye.
6. Format changes will be adopted on-the-fly during the tournament to address the uneven numbers of teams from each side who advanced to the second round or afterwards.
2x2 Battle Rules:
1. 3 neutral gateways
2. 2 players each team
3. No pot limit
4. No structures
5. No re-entry once banished
6. No buff
7. Free mana refill from ads is prohibited.
8. In 2-1 situation, the lone survivor can burn up to 3 pots to banish the enemy. If failed, the team lost the match.
9. In 1-1 situation, each player can burn up to 3 pots to banish the other. If not successful, it's a tie.
We have developed 2 special rules to solve the stalemate situation. They will only be used if both teams have an agreement.
1. Referee will warp in after 5 mintues if still 2-2. All players stop, Referee doms up one gateway and casts Aria to resume the match.
2. Same as #1 after 5 more minutes. One neutral gateway left and the match will be finished in no time.
1. Win 2-0: 5 points
2. Win 2-1: 4 points
3. Win 1-0: 3 points
4. Tie 1-1 or 0-0 (double banish): 2 points each team
5. Loss 1-2: 1 point
6. Loss 0-1 or 0-2: 0 point
Edited by comicy (April 13, 2012 13:57:11)